Lab Safety Training Made Simple - eBook
Laboratory safety professionals are busier than ever, so proper compliance training for lab staff can quickly become a daunting task. Enter Lab Safety Training Made Simple, HCPro’s complete electronic training tool. This downloadable resource features lab activities and games, case studies, electronic tools, assessments, and more—giving you everything you need to confidently prepare both new and seasoned staff members. Ensure your staff are prepared for The Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies by offering them training that doesn’t just go through the motions, but is interactive and engaging.
This electronic training tool offers:
- Lab activities and games—Take advantage of activities written specifically for laboratory employees and designed to keep things interesting.
- Expert “how-to” advice—You’ll get knowledgeable tips on how to decide which method of training may work best for various topics or situations, and when to deliver training using internal staff or outside resources.
- A special section devoted to training new employees—Make sure newcomers learn their lab standard operating procedures right away, know where emergency equipment is located, and understand what to do if a spill or other accident occurs. Since safety is a full-time concern, this section also offers guidance on regular staff updates and refresher training.
- Tips, tools, and case studies—Each lab safety topic covered in the book includes at least one relevant case study, as well as several “Safety Savvy Tip” boxes that provide important points to emphasize during training. Plus, each topic comes with a competency assessment suggestion and an evaluation tool to gauge how well your staff is doing!
- Critical compliance information—All of the safety topics are directly correlated with the safety section of the CAP Laboratory General Checklist and include additional references where appropriate.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1—Laying the Foundation
Chapter 2—Basic Training
Chapter 3—January: Specimen Transport
Chapter 4—February: Hoods and Environmental Concerns
Chapter 5—March: Personal Protective Equipment
Chapter 6—April: Ergonomics
Chapter 7—May: Bloodborne Pathogens
Chapter 8—June: General Safety
Chapter 9—July: Physical Environment Safety (NEW)
Chapter 10—August: Safe Work Practices
Chapter 11—September: Chemical Management (NEW)
Chapter 12—October: Fire Safety
Chapter 13—November: Emergency Management (NEW)
Chapter 14—December: Waste Management
Tools and Forms:
- Safety competency checklist
- Training games
- Attendance form
- New employee orientation
- Target organ poster
- Waste disposal guidelines
- “Safety Eyes” audit form (NEW)
- Sample spill drill form (NEW)
- Sample emergency management table-top drill (NEW)
About the Author:
Dan Scungio, MT (ASCP), SLS, CQA (ASQ), has more than 20 years of experience as a certified medical laboratory scientist, more than 10 of which were spent in the management of clinical labs, anatomical pathology labs, and collection sites. Most recently, he has served as the laboratory safety officer for Sentara Healthcare, a multihospital system in Virginia and North Carolina. As a member of the laboratory quality team, Scungio oversees the safety program for more than 10 laboratories and multiple collection sites.
The HCPro Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
If for any reason this product does not meet your needs, return it within 30 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund—no questions asked. We guarantee it!
How to Download Adobe Edition
- PRIOR TO DOWNLODING YOUR PURCHASED EBOOK – CLICK HERE TO INSTALL E-BOOK PLAYER FROM ADOBE.
- Click FILE IN MY DOWNLOADS AREA in the store, following your purchase. Then you can "link in" with your order confirmation/email, or when you login to your store account.
- SIGN IN WITH YOUR ADOBE ID. You can use your existing ID or create a new one. Save the login for future use.
- Your eBook purchase will appear in the Adobe Reader/player now — and anytime you want to access — just open the ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS APP.