ACDIS Live! Outpatient CDI at Ochsner: A Case Study Approach - On-Demand
Thursday, December 15, 2016
Original Broadcast: Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Diana Ortiz, JD, RN, CDIP, CCDS; Malissa Lauren Brettner, RN; Rebecca G. Guidry, RN; Lisa F. Schmidt, BS, RN, OCN, CHWC; Donna Serpas, RN, CCRN; Hilary Walters, BSN, RN
Level of Program:
Join ACDIS Associate Editorial Director Melissa Varnavas for an in-depth conversation with the outpatient CDI specialists at Ochsner Health System.
This special three-hour program features Ochsner’s groundbreaking CDI team, who discuss the lessons they learned in implementing ambulatory CDI programs. They provide step-by-step guidance on getting a program off the ground, and discuss how they not only built a strong outpatient CDI program, but also continue to expand.
CDI programs who want to expand into outpatient areas can use this program to identify where to begin and how to replicate Ochsner’s success.
At the end of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Define outpatient opportunities for record review
- Outline a plan for educating physicians about documentation improvement opportunities related to their medical records
- Make the case to hospital administrators for CDI program expansion into the outpatient arena
- Identify common documentation deficiencies in the outpatient/physician practice world
- Explain common challenges in educating physicians
- Target metrics to move outpatient CDI efforts forward
- Identify specific physician documentation opportunities by service line
- Draft outpatient CDI workflow and processes
Who Should Attend?
- CDI specialists
- CDI managers/directors
- HIM managers/directors
- Chief financial officers
- Physician advisors
- Outpatient efforts at Ochsner
- The case for expansion
- Administrative support
- Initial focus areas
- Review processes
- Physician advisor involvement
- Identifying and developing physician champions
- Onboarding process
- Physician education
- Physician response and expectations
- High-level system analysis and reporting
- Continued progress
- Adapting to ambulatory reviews
- Retrospective shift
- From retrospective to pre-visit reviews
- Top HCCs
- Query composure
- Focus area: Oncology
- Quality assurance: The role of the CDI lead
- Establishing internal controls
- Cross-departmental collaboration
- Compliance concerns
- Analysis and review
- CDI team education
Outpatient Process Flow-Chart
ACDIS White Paper: Outpatient Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI): An Introduction
(Live + On Demand) This program has been approved for 3 continuing education unit towards fulfilling the requirements of the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification, offered as a service of the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS). (Ability to claim CEU’s for this webinar expire on: 11/15/2017 - 1 year from LIVE date)
(Live + On Demand) - This program has been approved for 3 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor. (Ability to claim CEU’s for this webinar expire on: 11/15/17 - 1 year from LIVE date)
(Nursing contact hours valid for Live/Rebroadcast webcast participant only) - HCPro is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 3.0 nursing contact hours is provided by HCPro.
(Ability to claim nursing contact hours for this webcast expire on: 11/15/2017)
Meet the Speakers
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $399 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $399 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.