Mastering Healthcare Scorecards: Marketing Lessons from Cleveland Clinic
Presented on: July 23, 2014 | 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. ET
Presented by: Paul Matsen and Trisha Krautkramer
Hospitals and health systems aren't always sure how to use healthcare scorecards to market themselves. In a time of growing transparency and a more critical patient-consumer, these performance reports present both a challenge and an opportunity to utilize the results for effective messaging and clinical improvement. Whether an organization is crafting internal scorecards for self-evaluation or responding to public reports, the data must be handled strategically.
Marketing leaders from Cleveland Clinic and Laughlin Constable have all but mastered scorecard strategy, and reveal proven tactics for analyzing, communicating, and learning from key performance indicators.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Assess which scorecards, both internal and public, hold the most value for healthcare consumers
- Determine what metrics are the most important to measure and to share with the public
- Collaborate with research teams to evaluate and quantify scorecard findings
- Understand what role the “patient decision journey” plays in determining what will drive acquisition
- Assess the import of public scorecards based on the credibility of publications and the mission of the hospital
- Establish a data-driven process for responding to scores, from both a communication and clinical perspective
- Public Scorecards
- Top reports in healthcare today
- Assessing credibility & relevance of scorecard findings
- Badges: worth the cost?
- Internal Scorecards
- What metrics matter: isolating the most important key performance indicators
- The patient decision journey: what drives acquisition
- Tailoring performance measurement for departments and subspecialties
- Interpreting Metrics for the Public
- Research team collaboration
- Communicating scores – what to flaunt and what to finesse
- Fielding media inquiries
- Analyzing and Applying Lessons Learned
- Identifying a need for change in performance and/or targets
- Processes for improvement implementation
- Impact of Scorecards on Physician/Staff Recruiting
- Live Q&A
Meet the Speakers
Chief of Marketing and Communications
Who Should Attend?
Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing & Communications Director, S/VP of Marketing/Communications, Chief Experience Officer
Note: Agenda and Speakers are Subject to Change
Webcast system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Four days prior to the webcast, you will receive an e-mail with detailed system requirements, your log-in information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. You’ll be able to download the on demand version to at no additional charge when you buy the live version. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times! $279 value!
Participation in the webcast is just $279 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet. Live orders are assessed a $5 processing fee. CD orders are charged $18 for shipping and handling.