Delivering the Important Message from Medicare
When it comes to delivering the revised IM, it’s not just the notice—it’s the message.
Staff training for timely, compliant, and confident IM delivery
Through entertaining and realistic scenarios, Delivering the Important Message from Medicare: Case Management Methods to Ensure Compliance, Avoid Appeals, and Manage HINNs, provides case managers and social workers with best practices to effectively deliver the revised Important Message (IM) from Medicare at the right time.
With this video, available on DVD, your staff will:
- Receive comprehensive training in less than 20 minutes
- Understand their responsibilities by watching wrong way/right way scenarios
- Take a 15-question quiz to reinforce important concepts
- Deliver the message with ease and confidence using custom-made tools
- Get their questions answered with an FAQ special report that can’t be found anywhere else
Give your staff the tools to communicate the right message at the right time to Medicare patients: Ensure CMS compliance and avoid costly appeals with Delivering the Important Message from Medicare: Case Management Methods to Ensure Compliance, Avoid Appeals, and Manage HINNs. This video is available on DVD.
Among the tools you'll find on the CD-ROM are:
- HCPro's special report, "Important Message from Medicare: Answers to your frequently-asked questions"
- Reference chart: Changes to the HINNs
- Supplemental resource list for IM and HINN information
After watching this video you will be able to:
- Describe CMS’ new requirements for the (IM)
- Recognize scripting techniques to deliver the IM that minimize the risk of patient/family appeal
- List at least two messages case managers and social workers should convey when delivering the follow-up copy of the IM
- Discuss how to address a patient/family appeal
- Identify at least three changes to the HINN structure resulting from the updated IM
Here's a look at the topics covered in this new resource for case managers:
- CMS' new requirements for the IM
- Techniques to deliver the IM
- Case scenario #1: Wrong way / right way to deliver copy of the IM
- Case scenario #2: How to deliver IM copy when patient didn't sign upon admission
- How to address an appeal
- Scene #3: Wrong way / right way to address an appeal with a patient
- Changes to the HINN structure
Who will benefit from this video?
Discharge planners, case managers, directors of case management, social workers, and staff nurses
HCPro is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 1 nursing contact hour is provided by HCPro, Inc.
This program is approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification for 1 Continuing Education Unit.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (provider #886455720) for 1 continuing education contact hour.
Bonnie Smith, RN, BSN, MFA, Director Care Coordination, Maine Medical Center in Portland
Matt Boettcher, LCSW, Director of Case Management, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix
Faculty Disclosure Statement: HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
The HCPro Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
We would be nothing without our customers, that’s why we guarantee you’ll love this video. Buy this video today, risk-free, and if you’re not completely satisfied just send it back within 10 days and we’ll give you a full refund.