A Practical Approach to Achieving Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Monday, May 22, 2017
1:00-2:30 p.m. Eastern
Janiece Gray, MHA, BSW, CPXP
Gretchen Leiterman, MBA
Level of Program:
To meaningfully improve the patient experience, an organizationwide, proactive approach to patient-centered care is needed. The HCPro webinar “A Practical Approach to Achieving Patient and Family-Centered Care” will help hospitals develop a patient-centered care structure that will positively impact the patients and families they serve.
Join expert speakers Janiece Gray, MHA, BSW, CPXP, and Gretchen Leiterman, MBA, as they explain how to develop an internal approach to improve organizational service culture. Through their in-depth advice and tips, you’ll learn how to increase customer satisfaction and bolster your patient experience.
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- Detail organizational approaches to improve service culture in a culturally diverse, urban, Level I trauma center
- Understand principles of leadership accountability for key behaviors while being mindful of cultural sensitivity
- Describe how to establish an internally led care team coaching program to enhance the impact of training
Who Should Listen?
- Healthcare executives of hospitals working to improve their patient experience
- Patient experience professionals supporting executive leaders in these efforts
- How to set up an effective patient-centered care structure
- Creating an internal approach to improving service culture within the context of a larger corporate structure
- Engaging frontline staff in improvement efforts to enhance courtesy and respect
- Ensuring systems to support sustainability for the long term
- Developing leaders to hold staff accountable and foster continued improvement efforts
- Addressing cultural aspects of communication and incorporating them into training programs
- Case study: SSM Health, St. Louis
- Courtesy and Respect pilot
- Employee and leadership engagement structure
- Pilot rollout
- Sustainable support
- Tying everything together
- Keys to success
- Lessons learned
- Conclusions and takeaways
- Live Q&A
Meet the Speakers
Janiece Gray, MHA, BSW, CPXP, is a co-founder and CEO of DTA Associates, Inc., a healthcare consulting firm focused on helping providers achieve patient-centered improvement goals. Gray has more than 20 years of experience in patient care, healthcare administration and operations, performance improvement, and patient experience.
Gretchen Leiterman, MBA, is chief operating officer of SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital in St. Louis. She previously worked as a vice president at HealthPartners in Bloomington, Minnesota, and in multiple positions in the Allina Health System in Minneapolis. She is a board member of The Lifesaving Foundation in St. Louis and serves on the board of directors of the Metro St. Louis chapter of the American Heart Association.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.