Long-Term Care Clinical Conditions Desk Reference: An Evidence-Based Approach
Barbara Acello, MS, RN
HCPro’s Long-Term Care Clinical Conditions Desk Reference: An Evidence-Based Approach provides long-term care nurses with detailed information on assessing and documenting common long-term care clinical issues. It includes resident care information, essential policies and procedures, and up-to-date regulatory and safety requirements specific to long-term care. This reference consists of many short, concise narratives, charts, lists, and tables so that the long-term care nurse can readily access and apply the information.
This resource will help you to do the following:
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements
- Learn about new issues pertaining to short-stay residents, reducing the use of psychosocial medications, transgender residents, social media, and professional organizations
- Quickly gain access to high-demand, trending long-term care topics and clinical conditions, such as infection control, bariatric conditions, and pressure ulcers
- Understand implications of rapidly changing long-term care statutes
Table of Contents
- Geriatric Conditions
- Understanding Others
- Hydration and Urinary Elimination
- Infection Control
- Professional Issues
- Federal Government
This resource will include downloadable forms.
About the Author
Barbara Acello, MS, RN, is an independent nurse consultant and educator in Denton, Texas. She is a member of the Texas Nurses’ Association, NANDA International, and the American College of Healthcare Administrators, where she was honored with the Educator of the Year Award for 2007 and the Journalism Award for 2009. Acello has worked as a director of nursing, administrator, and long-term care facility consultant and educator; she has held numerous corporate-level positions in eight states.
Published: October 2015
Page count: 322