HCPro’s Fire Safety online learning course will teach employees in medical and dental settings how to prevent and respond to fires in the facility. Students will learn the appropriate times to fight a fire or evacuate and preventive measures to ensure electrical safety at your facility. The course also teaches students to verify proper storage of hazardous chemicals and reviews the different types of fire extinguishers.
- Summarize the evacuation plan at your facility, including employee and patient evacuation.
- Demonstrate the fastest evacuation route(s).
- Discuss how to respond to fire or smoke in your work area.
- Differentiate when it is appropriate to fight a fire and when it is better to evacuate (flight).
- Locate the portable fire extinguishers at your facility.
- Describe procedures for using a portable fire extinguisher.
- Distinguish between the different types of portable fire extinguishers.
- Verify that hazardous chemicals are properly stored.
Marge McFarlane, PhD, MS (ENPH), MT (ASCP), CHSP, CHFM, HEM, CHEP has over 38 years of healthcare experience in the areas of BBP, hazardous chemicals, infection prevention, general safety and emergency management.
Why HCPro eLearning?
Features of HCPro’s Online OSHA Training Courses:
- Revised to include the required GHS updates
- Video scenarios that demonstrate how to comply with OSHA standards
- Many courses include downloadable resources to help safety officers or managers further educate employees and identify gaps in required OSHA plans or training
- “Test Your Knowledge” questions throughout the course act as knowledge pit stops to ensure students are mastering the information
- Audio presentation to keep staff engaged
Benefits of of HCPro’s Online OSHA Training Courses:
- Convenient online format allows staff to train at their own pace and on their own schedule
- Track employees’ progress and demonstrate OSHA compliance
- Validate employees’ proficiency in each topic with final exams
- Interactive design and audio narration keeps students engaged
- Save money: With our bulk-pricing option, the more you train, the less you pay
- Training is suited for all settings, including acute care hospitals, and ambulatory centers