Billers’ Association for Long-Term Care
The Billers’ Association for Long-Term Care is a national community of long-term care professionals who share the latest tips, tools, and strategies to successfully navigate the postacute billing and regulatory environment.
This much-needed association provides members with billing-specific education; a resource of continuously updated tools, white papers, and webinars; networking opportunities; and in-depth reimbursement and regulatory guidance.
Through the Billers’ Association, the needs of long-term care billing professionals are met by:
- Providing a credible, on-demand source for billing, regulatory, and reimbursement guidance and analysis
- Offering the billing-specific education and training that staff need to be successful in their roles
- Supplying valuable resources, including a community of fellow billers and industry experts who share ideas and answer questions from their peers
- Helping administrators, business office managers, and billing staff make sense of regulatory changes and highlight what they need to know about the evolving world of billing
Billers’ Association features include:
- Timely compliance updates, expert analysis, and sample tools for tackling the top challenges facing long-term care professionals. Gain exclusive access to expansive coverage on topics such as value-based purchasing, audits and appeals, ACOs and bundling, and much more. Weekly article releases and monthly roundups provide members with easily accessible and searchable content and resources. Don’t wait for answers!
- An active forum in which members share field-tested tips, tools, and lessons learned on topics such as consolidated billing, exhaust and no-pay discharge claims, Medicare Advantage, and the new MDS Section GG.
- Quarterly webinars—Join leading industry experts as they analyze and break down the latest regulatory updates. Plus, access on-demand webinars covering topics ranging from consolidated billing, Medicare Advantage plans, and SNF therapy contracts.
- Resource library—Our customizable, time-saving forms and tools reflect industry best practices and expert research for a variety of financial and billing needs to streamline your business office.
- Quarterly white papers—Each quarter, a new white paper will be available to members, helping them understand and analyze a challenging topic.
- Career Center—Upload your resume, browse open positions, and sign up for alerts matching your job search criteria. If you’re looking to hire, we have job posting options as well as the ability to browse our resume database.
- Billing Alert for Long-Term Care—Our flagship publication provides expansive regulatory coverage, including the CMS final rule, MDS changes, and subsequent reimbursement issues. Weekly article releases and electronic monthly roundups provide members with easily accessible and searchable content and resources.
By joining this association, members will learn how to:
- Submit claims appropriately and accurately
- Make sense of all the changes in the evolving world of billing
- Improve their job performance by becoming more efficient, accurate, and productive
Check out the association's web page: www.longtermcarebillers.com.
The Billers' Association advisory board is a group of volunteer professionals who provide expertise and an industry voice for members and the wider long-term care billing profession. Their role is to provide long-term care billing best practice guidance while serving the Billers' Association and the billing profession with honor and integrity.
Postacute Regulatory Specialist
Diane L. Brown, BA, CPRA
Former Director, Postacute Education
Karen Fabrizio, RHIA, CPRA
Medical Record Administrator
HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer
Van Duyn Home and Hospital
Syracuse, New York
Sheila Lambowitz, MBA
Lambowitz & Associates
Maureen McCarthy, BS, RN, RAC-MT
Celtic Consulting, LLC
Kathy O’Neal, RN, RAC-CT, LNHA
Independent Risk Management Specialist
Janet Potter, CPA, MAS
Frosini Rubertino, RN, CPRA, CDONA/LTC
Training in Motion LLC
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Elise Smith, JD
Senior Fellow, Healthcare Policy and Postacute Care
American Health Care Association
Reta A. Underwood, ADC
Consultants for Long Term Care, Inc.
La Grange, Kentucky
Health Care Consultant
Long Term Care
Alta Loma, CA
Deborah Collum, MS
Director of Billing
Covenant Retirement Communities