Verify & Comply: Credentialing Standards Compared and Contrasted - On-Demand
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Carol S. Cairns, CPMSM, CPCS
Level of Program:
Basic to Intermediate
All healthcare organizations must comply with multiple regulatory and accreditation standards, but making sense of all those requirements is easier said than done. During this 90-minute webinar, expert speaker Carol S. Cairns, CPMSM, CPCS, will break down the credentialing standards of the five accrediting bodies (CMS, The Joint Commission, the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program, DNV GL, and the National Committee for Quality Assurance), identify their similarities and differences, and explain how the four-step credentialing approach applies to each agency.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define CMS, TJC, HFAP, DNV GL, and NCQA credentialing standards
- Apply the four-step credentialing approach and identify the responsible parties for each step
- Compare and contrast each accreditor’s credentialing standards for initial appointment and reappointment
Who Should Listen?
- Medical staff professionals
- Medical staff coordinators
- Managers of medical staff services
- Directors of medical staff services
- Credentialing coordinators
- Credentialing specialists
- Credentials committee chairs
- Department chairs
- Service line directors
- Medical executive committee chairs
- Review of accreditation options
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- The Joint Commission
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program
- DNV GL
- National Committee for Quality Assurance
- An overview of the four-step credentialing approach
- Establish policies and rules
- Collect and summarize information
- Evaluate and recommend
- Grant, deny, or modify
- Compare and contrast the accreditors’ credentialing standards for appointment and reappointment filtered through the four-step credentialing approach
Meet the Speaker
Carol S. Cairns, CPMSM, CPCS, has more than 40 years of experience in the medical staff services profession. She is the president of PRO-CON, and an advisory consultant and frequent presenter with The Greeley Company. A recognized expert in the field, Cairns has been a faculty member with the National Association Medical Staff Services since 1990. She presents frequently at state and national seminars on subjects such as basic and advanced credentialing and privileging, core privileging, AHP credentialing, CMS’ Conditions of Participation, and the standards of—and survey preparation for—The Joint Commission, NCQA, HFAP, and DNV GL. She conceptualized and wrote all six versions of Verify and Comply, an industry textbook and favorite since 1999.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.