The Joint Commission's New Patient Safety Chapter: How to Comply and Promote a Culture of Safety - On-Demand
Rebroadcasted Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Presented by Sena Blickenstaff, BSN, MBA
Prepare for the new Patient Safety Systems chapter and redesigned Sentinel Events chapter with the practical advice and guidance presented in this 90-minute webcast. Accreditation and patient safety professionals will learn how The Joint Commission's renewed focus on patient safety and quality will affect their organizations. The chapters went into effect on January 1, 2015, and surveyors will expect hospital leadership and staff to be able to explain how their facility is committed to patient safety and quality improvement. Expert speaker Sena Blickenstaff, the author of HCPro's forthcoming book on the new Patient Safety chapter, will break down everything you need to know to be prepared.
This program provides will help you:
- Prepare for the The Joint Commission’s new Patient Safety Systems chapter
- Analyze data to improve quality of care and reduce patient harm
- Develop sustainable patient safety systems to enhance quality and safety
1. The Patient Safety Systems chapter
- What’s in the chapter
- What surveyors are looking for
- How to align Joint Commission standards with clinical processes
2. Integrated Patient-Centric System of Care
- Enhancing quality and patient safety
- Leadership’s role in defining systems of care
3. Quality methodology
- What is your quality/performance improvement methodology?
- Incorporating quality data to identify risk
- Strategies to Align Clinical Transformation and create patient-centric safety systems
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the expectations under The Joint Commission’s new Patient Safety Systems chapter
- Align existing Joint Commission standards with clinical care processes and work activities
- Engage staff throughout the healthcare system to enhance quality and safety and reduce harm
- Effectively analyze and use data to identify and mitigate risk and enhance the knowledge, skills, and competence of staff
- Align Clinical Transformation™ with process improvement methodologies to promote and foster sustainable patient-centric safety systems
Who Should Listen:
Accreditation professionals, patient safety directors, risk management directors, survey coordinators, facility managers, risk managesr, performance improvement managers, performance improvement directors, regulatory specialists, chapter leaders, quality improvement specialists, directors of quality, CEOs, COOs, chief nursing officers, chief medial officers, chief operating officers, service line administrators
Meet the Speaker:
Sena Blickenstaff, BSN, MBA, is a dynamic healthcare leader and former Joint Commission and CMS deemed status surveyor with more than 25 years of progressive experience in hospital and ambulatory services leadership and accreditation/regulatory preparedness. Her responsibilities have encompassed strategic planning, business development, regulatory compliance/survey preparedness, clinical integration, and service line optimization in organizations ranging from critical access hospitals to large, multi-site healthcare systems.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.