The Infection Prevention Video Toolkit: Seven-Minute Solutions for Five IC Hotspots
Infection control professionals (ICP) are challenged more than ever with regulatory compliance pressures and preventing the spread of healthcare-associated infections. Joint Commission surveyors are looking carefully at hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions, and other practices to prevent the spread of so-called “super bugs”. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released its final isolation precautions guidelines early in 2007 that expanded the list of MDRO-prevention requirements.
Busy ICPs struggle to find sufficient time to train frontline staff. Since this DVD has a menu of the top five most critical IC issues, you can select a single topic as time allows.
The Infection Prevention Video Toolkit: Seven-Minute Solutions for Five IC Hotspots gives you quick, simple solutions to today’s biggest IC problems, including:
- Proper hand hygiene - the single most important step your staff can take to prevent the spread of infectious diseases
- Understanding transmission-based precautions - the extra precautions your staff must take for patients placed in isolation rooms
- Preventing the spread of multi-drug resistant organisms (MDRO) - controlling these “super bugs” that are resistant to many different antibiotics
- Preventing the spread of MRSA and VRE - a growing challenge for hospitals
- Preventing the spread of Clostridium difficile or C. diff - another new “super bug” that is the most common cause of infectious diarrhea acquired in hospitals
Along with saving time, you will also receive valuable training tools to better educate your staff.
These tools include:
- An interactive CD-Rom to further training
- Five post-training quizzes, one for each topic to show that training was provided and the message
understood by the viewer
- Flyers providing helpful IC tips, serving as a constant reminder of the correct IC practices
- A pamphlet that outlines how to use the DVD's different segments
Who will benefit from this video?
Any member of your staff can use this simple training tool, but this video is essential for:
- Infection control managers
- Infection control directors
- Nurse supervisors
- Safety directors
- Risk managers
- Human Resource mangers
Get your staff up-to-date with all of the current IC issues by ordering The Infection Prevention Video Toolkit: Seven-Minute Solutions for Five IC Hotspots. Avoid a citation in 2008 and purchase this video today!