This report, The Exceptional ED: Telemedicine, Navigation, & Behavioral Health reveals how top organizations are improving ED efficiency—from telemedicine to care coordination to EHR—and what they are doing to streamline ED-to-inpatient throughput.
With this exclusive research, you will:
- Learn how the Brigham & Women’s Faulkner ED determines and implements a patient’s care plan faster by placing a diverse care team in the ED during initial examination and subsequent in-ED rounding.
- Discover why top providers are investing more in ED-related IT, analytics, and EHR
- Find out how Lehigh Valley Health Network has cut two-and-a-half hours of dwell time in the ED by reducing the use of oral contrast before CT scanning.
- Find out how telemedicine can improve behavioral healthcare while reducing ED bottlenecks
- Learn how Seton Healthcare used telepsychiatry to reduce unnecessary admissions due to a lack of specialized behavioral health training among ED physicians.
- Uncover which models of teamwork work best for expediting care and improving patient flow
- Find out how bedside imaging by ED physicians removes delays and expedites determinations at Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Learn how Seton Healthcare’s psychiatric ED reduced psychiatric patient boarding times, improved care, and made specialized emergency facilities and clinical expertise available to the entire 11-hospital system (and other hospitals in the community).
- Discover how the proliferation of retail clinics and increased patient sophistication will affect the future of the ED
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest emergency department strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 8,000 healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Peer case studies from Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, Lehigh Valley Health Network, and Seton Healthcare:
- Bedside Strategies to Speed Emergency Department Throughput
- Multidisciplinary ED Team Improves Behavioral Patient Care
- Dedicated Psychiatric ED: Improved Throughput and Patient Care
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in emergency departments
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming strategies for emergency medicine
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.