ED patient flows are unpredictable—but that doesn’t mean they can’t be optimized. This report, The ED Fix: Triage, Coordination, and Navigation, reveals new, proven ways healthcare leaders are cutting wait times and improving care: fine-tuning processes for speedy triage and evaluation, bringing patients closer to caregivers, optimizing discharges and transfers, and effectively guiding non-emergent patients.
With this new report, find out:
- Which ED performance tactics are most relevant to accelerating patient flow and driving improvements
- How Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital’s four-category triage and “hallway protocol” helped to keep average door-to-doctor time at 15 minutes
- Which new practices, including hallway beds on hospital floors, have been shown to speed care and improve patient satisfaction
- How Montefiore Health System reduced future non-emergent ED visits by helping the 30% of patients without primary care relationships transition to PCPs for subsequent care
- What new strategies providers are using to enlist ED physician support for navigator programs
- How Presbyterian Healthcare Services achieved a dramatic drop in ED boarding times by developing a comprehensive transfer center with live, systemwide bed management
- What nurse navigators can do to help patients establish primary care relationships and avoid future non-emergent ED visits
- How Montefiore Health System is preparing patient navigators to educate patients, redirect patients to more appropriate levels of care, arrange for physician or specialist appointments and outside diagnostic tests, connect eligible patients with Medicaid, and align patients in need with homeless services
- Ways in which a patient transfer center can act as a centralized hub for ED throughput and bed management
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest emergency department strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 7,000 healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, and Montefiore Health System
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in emergency departments
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming strategies for emergency medicine
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.