How Parkland Health & Hospital System Successfully Implemented a Suicide Risk Screening Program - On-Demand
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Kimberly Roaten, PhD, CRC
Celeste Johnson, DNP, APRN, PMH CNS
Level of Program:
Suicides were the third most common sentinel event of 2015. Universal screening is the best strategy to identify patients in general healthcare settings whose suicide risk would otherwise go undetected. This webinar will take a case study approach to bring to light proven methods to reduce patient suicide.
Join Parkland Health and Hospital System expert speakers Kimberly Roaten, PhD, CRC, and Celeste Johnson, DNP, APRN, PMH CNS, as they explain how Parkland became the first in the nation to establish a universal suicide screening program in all its departments. Parkland was recognized in Sentinel Event Alert 56 for making significant progress in suicide prevention. Roaten and Johnson will discuss processes for implementation, strategies to obtain support, universal screening data, and lessons learned from implementation.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the process for implementation of a hospitalwide suicide screening protocol
- Describe strategies for obtaining nursing and physician stakeholder support for universal suicide screening
- Describe the prevalence data collected from the first two years of a universal screening program
- Apply lessons learned from the implementation of the program in a large hospital system
Who Should Listen?
- Nurse leaders
- Behavioral health clinicians
- Risk Directors/Managers
- How to implement a universal suicide screening program with targeted interventions
- How to engage stakeholders in this initiative
- How to set up reports to track compliance and results
- Resources to consider when establishing this initiative
- Tools used to screen (C-SSRS and ASQ)
- Example of report
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.