SNF Rehabilitation Services in a Value-Based Environment: How to Maximize Treatment Time While Limiting Non-Billable Time - On-Demand
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Justin Border, OTR/L
Level of Program:
CMS and private insurers are driving all areas of care from volume to value. Rehabilitation services are crucial to supporting your residents, but how do you maximize treatment time while restricting non-billable time?
Join expert speaker Justin Border, OTR/L, to learn how your SNF can provide effective rehabilitation services, delivering the best outcomes possible in a limiting environment. Border will help participants understand their systems’ capabilities, implement a facilitywide program, and lead a team of rehabilitation professionals with a shared vision.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand their system’s capabilities and how they translate to referral sources and partners
- Implement a facilitywide program that incorporates the entire interdisciplinary team (IDT) to support efficient rehab service
- Know what truly represents value to payers and consumers
- Lead a team of rehabilitation professionals who share the organization’s values and goals
Who Should Listen?
- VPs of operations
- Regional directors
- Facility department managers
- Care coordinators
- MDS coordinators
- Frontline staff
- How to lead an effective rehab program that provides a lower volume of service
- How to maximize treatment time while limiting non-billable time
- Using the IDT to support rehab and physical functioning outcomes
- Understand that therapy time as well as length of stay are limited, meaning nurses (as well as the rest of the IDT) must be oriented to supporting the treatment plan (i.e., residents out of bed, walking when necessary, transfers, etc.). This directly ties to MDS Section GG.
- Identifying episodes of care that will require higher utilization
- How complete is communication during the admission process? If a resident is identified as needing more care, how do you figure that out pre-admission or directly following admission? The admission coordinator needs to broadcast upcoming/recent admissions and get initial authorization for residents, and then nurses will provide the initial assessment.
- Organizing the admissions process to streamline care
- Creating a process that is communicated throughout the IDT for each resident starts with your referral source. It is always a struggle to get complete and real information from the referral hospital to the SNF. Providers need to reach out and ask for the entire patient chart so that they are well-informed upon a resident’s arrival.
- Integrating rehab outcomes into a facility’s overall value proposition to payers
- How are you documenting outcomes—are you tracking them through a software program? How are you integrating that information into your facility’s proposition so that you get better referrals and get more political capital to spend? Providers have to build their own credibility.
- Live Q&A
Meet the Speaker
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.