Breaking Down the Skilled Services Process:
Avoid Costly Gaps in Pre-Admission and Admission
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
1:00-2:30 p.m. Eastern
Level of Program:
To reduce your facility’s risk of unwanted outcomes and ensure proper Medicare reimbursement for the type and number of skilled services provided, it’s essential to submit claims appropriately and in accordance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) skilled services regulations. Don’t miss out on Medicare reimbursement or put your facility at risk for fraudulent penalty charges and monetary recoupment!
Join expert speaker Elizabeth McLaren, associate vice president of health services at Covenant Retirement Communities, for this 90-minute webinar as she breaks down who is eligible for Medicare in a SNF, how enrollment in other programs may impact eligibility, and how hospitalizations, benefit periods, and prior SNF stays tie into a facility’s ability to accept a Medicare admission. This webinar will help participants identify costly gaps in their Medicare admissions process as well as give tips on appropriate processes for physician certifications and recertifications, including dates, narratives, and who can sign.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand who is eligible for Medicare in a SNF, and how enrollment in other programs may impact eligibility
- Understand how hospitalizations, benefit periods, and prior SNF stays tie into their ability to accept a Medicare admission
- Identify costly gaps in their Medicare admissions process
- Understand the high-level criteria, straight from CMS, that define skilled services in a SNF
- Understand what services may not be considered skilled in a SNF setting
- Understand the appropriate process for physician certifications and recertifications
Who Should Listen?
- Interdisciplinary Team (IDT): MDS coordinators
- Social services
- Case managers
- Defining the different items in the Medicare program; understanding the “blurred lines” of coverage
- What starts and stops a skilled benefit period
- Avoiding the costly gaps in Medicare insurance
- Defining skilled services: What is included and what will never be
- Creating a compliant process from admission to skilled care that will enable timely payment
- Live Q&A
Meet the Speaker
Elizabeth McLaren, associate vice president of health services for Covenant Retirement Communities, has extensive experience in skilled nursing operations, including third-party billing, revenue enhancement, and regulatory compliance. As the skilled nursing and assisted living subject matter expert for Covenant Retirement Communities, McLaren oversees the skilled nursing and assisted living operations at the senior services provider’s 14 campuses nationwide. Additionally, she oversees the Covenant homecare, hospice, and private duty agencies. An authority on healthcare regulation and compliance, McLaren conducts training programs for Covenant Retirement Communities as well as for HCPro, and for national and state nonprofit healthcare organizations.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.