Skilled Nursing Services: In Focus - DVD
Understanding skilled nursing services is essential to home health delivery under the PPS. There are so many rules, often with conflicting and contradictory interpretations, that it’s easy to become confused and out of focus. Both new and experienced staff must know how to apply the rules without jeopardizing compliance or payment.
This new video brings the Medicare requirements for skilled, reasonable and necessary services into focus. It clearly explains the four Medicare skilled services of observation and assessment, skilled procedures, teaching, and management and evaluation.
Through examples your staff will learn...
- How the patient’s diagnosis affects skilled, reasonable and necessary services
- Which observation and assessment action qualify for Medicare coverage
- How long observation and assessment can be a reasonable and necessary service
- Which procedures are considered skilled by Medicare - and which are not
- How the teaching-learning process can guide care delivery and documentation
- How to document teaching appropriately
- Four checkpoints to build a case for using management and evaluation, and
- Tips for documentation of all skilled nursing services.
Each PPS Education Series video program includes:
- A 20-40 minute video
- Topics for discussion and role-playing
- Definitions for key terms and concepts
- A video program outline
- Competency quiz and answers
- Participant’s record
Reviewed for accuracy: 12/31/2007