Reducing Readmissions: A Blueprint for Improving Care Transitions
Christina Pavetto Bond
As of June 20, 2014, contact hours for nurses are no longer available with this product.
As the healthcare industry implements reforms that will penalize hospitals for readmissions deemed unnecessary, it’s crucial to put in place a comprehensive readmission reduction program at your organization
This book by Christina Pavetto Bond, MS, FACHE, and Eric Coleman, MD, MPH, provides a detailed look at effective and innovative programs to reduce readmissions. It offers a blueprint to develop a program for your organization based on sound leadership practices.
With this book you will be able to:
- Develop an evidence-based readmission reduction program using case-based studies
- Target and address underlying issues that can derail a program, such as health literacy and patient self-management
- Use the included tools to create a strategic planning framework for your readmission reduction program
- Earn continuing education credits while you improve your organization’s outcomes
Take a look at a few of the tools you’ll find in your copy of Reducing Readmissions:
- Check sheet for implementation of a readmission reduction program
- Discharge advocate sample job description
- Transition coach sample job description
- Transition program outcomes tracking chart and sample budget
If you are a case managers, member of the utilization review staff, nurse, transition care nurse, discharge planner, discharge advocate, social worker, care coordinator, revenue cycle director or manager, or a physician assistant, you need the guidance provided in Reducing Readmissions. Order your copy today.
HCPro, Inc., has confirmed that none of the faculty, planners, or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
Published: July 2010