Professional support for nurses on the go...
You've chosen one of the most important careers in the world. You have to quickly master new concepts and learn complex professional skills while applying them to the delivery of high-quality patient care. Find the coaching you need to develop and succeed in your profession with Quick-E! Pro.
Manage your time and energize your life
Quick-E! Pro Time Management: A Guide for Nurses is designed to help you make the most of your time. This one-of-a-kind resource includes proven strategies and techniques as well as charts, graphs, and exercises designed to help you manage your time better, avoid burn out, and improve your work-life balance.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Managing time throughout your career
Chapter 2: Getting started—today!
Chapter 3: How you spend your time as a nurse
Chapter 4: Delegation: The art of sharing responsibilities
Chapter 5: Through the patient’s eyes
Chapter 6: Understanding—and managing—workflow
Chapter 7: Surviving shift work
Chapter 8: Achieving a healthy work-life balance
Meet the author
Debbie Buchwach, BSN, RN-BC, is an education consultant in the Center for Learning and Change Management at the Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland, Oregon.
Faculty Disclosure Statement:
HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
- Discuss time management challenges faced by new graduates
- Examine time management struggle typical of experienced nurses
- List ways to start improving time management skills
- Describe how to use a time management organizational tool
- Assess how you spend your time as a nurse
- Identify areas for development with regard to time management skills
- List talks you might delegate to an unlicensed assistive staff member
- Recognize potential obstacles to effective delegation
- Describe the CPR process that can be used for rounding
- Discuss the difference between value-added and non-value-added activities
- Identify three factors that can interfere with efficient documentation
- Recognize the significance of unit design in effective time management
- Discuss two ways technology is changing the nursing profession
- Identify three ways to improve performance on the day shift
- List three techniques to adjust your body to working the night shift
- Explain three strategies to energize your body for the night shift
- Identify the potential for burnout in your professional life
- Bedside caregivers and staff nurses
- Nurse managers and leaders/charge nurses
- Staff educators/education directors/development specialists
If you would like to find out about the availability of nursing contact hours on this or any other HCPro nursing book, please visit our Continuing Education information page, here.
Save money when you purchase multiple copies! Ask your customer service representative about money-saving discounts and bulk orders. Call toll free 800-650-6787 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: April 2009