There is wide agreement on the logic behind population health—that under healthcare reform the focus of a care delivery system should be on keeping patient populations healthy rather than waiting to treat eventual illness—yet many population health programs have trouble advancing beyond the pilot stage. In order to move forward and make systemic improvements, organizations must be able to assume financial and clinical risk and work with partners. This report reveals how organizations are making progress and where they fall short, and how to build effective partnerships to support the delivery of quality care.
Find out how healthcare leaders are approaching population health, and get answers to key strategic questions, such as:
- How Partners HealthCare developed its own set of metrics that not only address quality and cost, but also lay the foundation for tracking population health management
- How your organization’s progress on challenging infrastructure changes, such as care redesign and patient engagement, compares to others
- Why new levels of data integration and new disciplines within data analytics are required to drive population health efforts
- How Mercy Health reduced inpatient days by 24.8% within six months of implementing nurse care coordination
- Learn about the variety of roles that partners will play in both providing care and managing finances as risk-based payments become more common
- How Crystal Run Healthcare’s variation reduction project brought specialties across the continuum together to set standards based on evidence-based practices
- How Partners HealthCare has gone beyond Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) performance measures to develop its own effectiveness metrics tied to an internal strategic care plan
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest population health strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 7,500 healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Crystal Run Healthcare, Mercy Health, and Partners HealthCare
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in population health
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming strategies for population health
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.