Physician Documentation Improvement Pocket Card, Third Edition (Packs of 25)
Cheryl Ericson, MS, RN, CCDS, CDIP, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Sold in packages of 25!
Use the Physician Documentation Improvement Pocket Card, Third Edition, to help your physicians remember key documentation points. The six-panel card includes everything from documentation basics to severity of illness clinical indicators. Updated for 2014, this third edition simplifies tips to common documentation improvement opportunities. And it fits easily in the physician’s pocket!
Start your CDI physician education efforts with the accompanying online instruction manual and help physicians understand common documentation gaps.
The Physician Documentation Improvement Pocket Card does not address specific ICD-10-CM/PCS codes—but focuses on appropriate documentation tips regardless of code set application—and can be used through the planned October 1, 2015 implementation date. It is not intended to be an ICD-10-CM/PCS training tool but a documentation improvement one.
- Provides documentation basics for the short-term acute care inpatient setting
- Includes tips for discharge summary documentation
- Details documentation needed to establish a condition as a reportable diagnosis
- Presents key reminders for documentation to reflect patient acuity
- Offers advice for how to differentiate among acute, chronic, and resolved conditions
- Helps providers translate commonly vague documentation of a patient’s chief complaint into a more precisely associated diagnosis
- Includes both printed pocket card and online PDF formats
- Folds for physicians to carry in their pockets and is laminated for durability and easy cleaning
The latest edition of the Physician Documentation Improvement Pocket Card helps you improve patient acuity and severity by focusing on common areas of vague and nonspecific physician documentation.
ACDIS Education Director and lead CDI Boot Camp instructor Cheryl Ericson brings her vast experience to bear in creating a simple to follow, easy to use tip sheet and accompanying user’s guide to help improve your physicians’ documentation.
Online user manual will explain how to use the pocket cards and explain some CDI basics.
About the Author
Cheryl Ericson, MS, RN, CCDS, CDIP, AHIMA- Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, is the clinical documentation improvement (CDI) education director for HCPro, a division of BLR, and the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) in Danvers, Massachusetts. She is responsible for the development and revision of CDI Boot Camp content and serves as the lead trainer. Ericson provides her expertise on CDI subject matter to a variety of industry association committees. Prior to joining HCPro, she managed clinical documentation integrity, core measures abstraction, and utilization review departments at a large academic medical center. She has an extensive background in adult education, data analysis, healthcare revenue cycle, and CMS guidelines.
Earn special discounts when you buy multiple packs of the Physician Documentation Improvement Pocket Card. Be sure every member of your team has this valuable guide. Call 800-650-6787 to learn more.
Published: October 2014