As healthcare reform intensifies efforts to improve care delivery and value, physician-hospital alignment has never been more strategically important. Healthcare organizations need physicians not just to accommodate change but to lead change as care delivery is transformed. Meanwhile, incentive schemes are in flux, with effectiveness metrics starting to replace productivity goals, making physician engagement just as important as alignment of incentives.
Find out how healthcare leaders are approaching physician alignment, and get answers to key strategic questions, such as:
- How is UnityPoint Health successfully developing physician leadership skills by utilizing a Physician Leadership Academy?
- How are savvy organizations preparing for closer relationships with payers by modifying their goals and performance objectives, giving special attention to protocols that ensure efficient and predictable care?
- How has Providence Health & Services strengthened alignment by expanding its hospitalist program to address the acute care needs of primary care physicians and providing tools such as integrated care management solutions?
- How did Covenant Health drive alignment by creating a series of service lines, each of which takes into account physician engagement and needs assessment, business and clinical analytics, financial and clinical quality performance, evidence-based practice, and employed physician performance and compensation?
- Why are improved clinical outcomes becoming as vital a concern as cost and efficiency?
- How does healthcare reform—the switch to value-based purchasing and the need to share risk—make effective physician alignment a strategic imperative?
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest physician alignment strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 7,500 healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Covenant Health, Providence Health & Services, and UnityPoint Health
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in physician alignment
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming strategies for quality improvement
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 7,500 healthcare leaders—plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 7,500-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, organizational size, region, and setting
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies