Patient flow is everyone’s responsibility.
Patient flow is one of the costliest and often-cited challenges facing hospitals today, and solutions can be expensive or complicated. In light of huge regulatory and financial implications, it is vital that all hospital staff—regardless of their role—learn how they can help to improve patient flow.
That’s why HCPro is proud to introduce Patient Flow: An All-Staff Video for Improving Throughput. Available on DVD, this new training video is the first resource to address patient flow exclusively from a staff perspective.Ã‚ By providing your staff with simple, everyday solutions they can implement, you are sure to improve your facility' success.
The solution begins with your staff.
Patient flow and hospital overcrowding is increasingly under the microscope of regulators like the JCAHO and CMS. While most patient flow “solutions” focus on high-level changes—what a hospital can do facility-wise, staffing wise, etc.—there are also many small, everyday actions that have a major impact on patient throughput. Addressing these issues begins with staff education.
Use sample scenarios to train effectively.
Patient Flow: An All-Staff Video for Improving Throughput uses sample scenarios to emphasize how seemingly small delays can hinder patient flow and potentially impact patient safety.
Some of the scenarios featured include:
- Delayed notification: A front-line worker neglects to alert the lab that the patient has arrived.
- Outpatient areas: An outpatient needs to get to the lab for tests but gets lost on the way there. Quick-thinking staff should notice this and offer directions/assistance.
- Room turnover: A patient is admitted but no one knows whether the room he needs is ready.
- Missing equipment: A transporter needs to move a patient, but can't find any wheelchairs because they weren't returned to the proper location.
- Test result reporting: A physician needs a test result to make a clinical decision about a patient, but the lab hasn’t yet called in the results. A broken piece of lab equipment was never reported, and the resulting bottleneck has slowed test results reporting to a crawl.
- Discharge: A patient is ready for discharge but the staff don’t have the correct tools.
With Patient Flow: An All-Staff Video for Improving Throughput, you can educate all types of staff on how their day-to-day actions can improve—or disrupt—patient flow. This will benefit you facility's financial performance and quality of care, while also improving staff morale and patient safety. What are you waiting for? Order your copy today!
Who should buy this video?
This video is a valuable training tool for emergency department directors, emergency department managers, PI/QI directors, risk managers, patient safety officers, case managers, nursing managers/directors, survey coordinators, physician leaders, and hospital C-suite staff.
The HCPro Risk-Free, Money-Back Guarantee
If for any reason Patient Flow: An All-Staff Video for Improving Throughput does not meet your needs, return it within 7 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund.