Patient experience is evolving into a discipline focused on understanding and delivering value from the patient’s perspective. Today’s healthcare leaders are as devoted to improving satisfaction as they are to clinical quality and safety, with the expectation that doing so will improve outcomes. Plus, organizations that better engage patients today will be ready for a future where patients are care-team members.
Find out how healthcare leaders are approaching patient experience, and get answers to key strategic questions:
- What are the critical differences between improving patient experience and improving patient engagement?
- How did hourly care rounding allow Lahey Health to achieve double-digit increases in nurse communication, responsiveness, and pain management scores?
- Which practical steps can you take today to begin making the cultural changes necessary to improve patient experience?
- How did Mountain States Health Alliance cut ED registration times nearly in half, reducing wait from 14 minutes to four minutes and helping increase patient satisfaction scores by as much as 8%?
- What are the top areas where healthcare leaders are investing their patient experience dollars in the near future to improve patient experience?
- How has the University of Cincinnati Medical Center driven year-over-year improvements in seven of eight patient satisfaction domains by increasing the visibility, performance tracking, and direct CEO oversight of patient experience efforts?
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest patient experience strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 7,000 healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Lahey Health, Mountain States Health Alliance, and University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from the HealthLeaders Media research team
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in patient experience
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peer organizations
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming strategies for quality improvement
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all of the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.