Implement a quick-and-easy new preceptor training program—or revitalize your existing program—with Nurse Precepting: A Video Guide to Effective Mentoring.
As your workforce of seasoned RNs dwindles, your ability to successfully train and orient new nurses has a direct effect on retention in your facility. It is vital that nurse preceptors guide new nurses through orientation and help them adjust to their new role and work environment, but time-crunched preceptors rarely have enough time.
Nurse Precepting: A Video Guide to Effective Mentoring is a 20-minute video that contains strategies that a new preceptor can use to turn new nurses or nursing students into competent, energized members of the staff. Applicable to nurses in any setting, this video will help you quickly and successfully implement a new preceptor training program or revitalize your existing program.
This simple training video will help nurse preceptors:
- Understand the importance of being a nurse preceptor
- Manage their responsibilities as a nursing preceptor
- Apply adult learning principles
- Validate nursing competencies
- Evaluate nursing performance
- Provide feedback to their peers
- Assist new nurses with the four phases of work acclimation
- Understand what it takes to excel as a preceptor
Well-trained nurses are more professionally satisfied. Nurse Precepting: A Video Guide to Effective Mentoring will help you retain your new nurses by providing them with the best preceptors possible.