Primary care redesign is key to improving outcomes and reducing costs. Experts agree on the goals—increased collaboration, a team approach, and greater patient responsibility—but how do you achieve them? This report, The New Primary Care Model: A Patient-Centered Approach to Care Coordination, explores how providers are marshalling scarce resources in the shift to a risk-sharing outcomes-based model while keeping patients at the center.
In this report, gain insights into key strategies and spending plans, such as the following:
- Where will providers be investing to redesign primary care services?
- How has Atlantic ACO incentivized physician engagement in primary care redesign by offering its physicians advance payments on future Medicare Shared Savings Program awards?
- What do healthcare leaders deem the greatest barriers to primary care redesign—and how will they address them?
- How has the use of embedded case managers coordinating care at Taconic IPA reduced 30-day readmissions?
- Primary care transformation requires concurrent work on many fronts—which aspects of primary care delivery should be addressed first, and why?
- How did Oregon Health & Science University lower hospitalization rates and improve clinic throughput by colocating primary care and behavioral health providers?
- Which physician compensation measures are preferred overwhelmingly in primary care redesign efforts?
- Which patient engagement tactics are best—today and in the future—at supporting primary care redesign?
- How and when are providers reaching beyond their known partners to coordinate care for primary care redesign?
Click here to subscribe and save. You won't miss a single report on these key topics:
This report is part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power series, the premier source for original, timely data on healthcare purchasing trends and projections drawn from surveys of more than 7,000 healthcare leaders—plus independent expert analysis and real-world case studies.
What's that worth to your business? Consider these facts:
- 90% of our 7,000-member research panel influence the purchase of your products and services
- They average $125 million of spend influence
Turn to Intelligence Report Premium Buying Power to find out what healthcare executives are thinking and:
- Target influencers by market size, organizational size, region, and setting
- Size up current market trends in healthcare purchasing
- Identify emerging sales opportunities
- Track the latest trends and best practices in healthcare delivery
- Access in-depth data directly related to each healthcare product and service segment
- Gauge the purchasing behavior of different segments and regions of the healthcare market
- Create more targeted and effective marketing, sales, and business development strategies