Navigating Medicare Advantage: MAOs and Protecting Reimbursement in Long-Term Care - On-Demand
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Cindy Dunne, President and Founder of ECS Billing & Consulting South and Co-Founder of ECS Billing & Consulting
Medicare Advantage (MA) plans can pose challenges for skilled nursing facilities (SNF) and result in lost revenue if there are no strategies in place to implement them successfully. There are many requirements that SNFs must follow in order to be compliant and achieve reimbursement.
In this 90-minute program, expert speaker Cindy Dunne, President and Founder of ECS Billing & Consulting South and Co-Founder of ECS Billing & Consulting, discusses the different types of Medicare Advantage plans, how they work, and how each can affect SNFs’ bottom line.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to do the following:
- Identify what Medicare Advantage plans are, the different types that exist, and the distinct operational attributes of each
- Align key facility processes (e.g., admissions and billing) with top MAO requirements
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of contracting for a facility’s specific population and operations
- Implement strategies for staff and resident communication to help ensure compliance and receive payment
- General overview of the Medicare Advantage landscape
- Background on Medicare Advantage Organizations (MAO), how they came about, and why they’re relevant to SNFs today
- Discussion of the different MA plans that exist and their key attributes
- Preparing, caring, and billing for Medicare Advantage residents
- How MAOs operate in the long-term care arena
- The importance of identifying prevalent MAOs in the area
- Common operational and care challenges SNFs face when working with MAOs
- Ways to ramp up communication processes to help meet the demands of MA plans
- To contract or not to contract
- General pros and cons of contracting
- Different contract options available to SNFs
- Facility-specific considerations when weighing contract options
- Pre-certification criteria
- Meeting important MAO requirements to help protect reimbursement
- Common barriers to proper billing and reimbursement
- Understanding the intersection of hospice and Medicare Advantage
- Q&A (not live)
Who Should Listen
- Reimbursement Directors
Meet the Speaker
Cindy Dunne is President of ECS Solutions–ECS Billing & Consulting South, a firm that provides billing, training, and consulting services for SNF and other health care providers. With over 30 experience years in the industry, Cindy is also a frequent seminar presenter and trainer for issues critical to SNF accounts receivable and billing. Additionally, she often contributes expert advice to both regional and national health care magazines and newsletters.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.