Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire Training Toolkit
Get it right the first time.
The best opportunity to find out if a patient has another form of insurance that will supersede Medicare is during the registration process. The Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) Questionnaire is the best tool to discover this information and it is imperative that your staff use this form during the admission process.
If Medicare determines that another source, such as an auto insurance company or workers compensation should be the primary payer of a patient's treatment, it will not reimburse your hospital for the full amount of the claim. Facilities can lose significant reimbursement dollars if the proper hierarchy of payers is not identified during the registration process.
The Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire Training Toolkit is a CD-ROM packaged with an instructor's manual that provides you with a collection of practical tools to help prepare your access staff to ask the right questions about who is responsible for paying the patient's bill.
The CD-ROM contains:
- A PowerPoint presentation covering the basics of the MSP Questionnaire
- Training scripts to help staff members explain the form and communicate with patients
- Interactive Jeopardy!®-style game to add fun to the training and help reinforce information
- Case study-based quiz questions to teach correct responses in various situations
- Samples of proven-effective policies and procedures
- Audit preparation steps and guidelines
- A Medicare accident detail form
- MSP terminology, definitions, and resources
Make learning fun.
Turnover can be an obstacle in efficiently educating your staff about the importance and delivery of the MSP Questionnaire. Engage staff members and ensure that they retain crucial information with this multidimensional product that includes an exciting Jeopardy!Â®-style game. The Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire Training Toolkit will help you train new employees and refresh experienced staff members.
With this training resource, your patient access staff will be prepared to:
- Identify the complexities of the MSP Questionnaire and understand its significance
- Determine when the MSP Questionnaire is applicable and when it needs to be introduced during registration
- Recognize the importance of obtaining MSP information from the patient and applying thorough, proper claim submission
- Explain the purpose of the form to the patient
JEOPARDY!® is a registered trademark of Jeopardy Productions, Inc., of Culver City, CA. The MSP Questionnaire game on this CD-ROM is not endorsed by Jeopardy Productions, Inc., nor is it affiliated with Jeopardy Productions, Inc.
Published: September 2008