The Medical Staff Office Manual: Tools and Techniques for Success
The Medical Staff Office Manual: Tools and Techniques for Success is a comprehensive guide that maps every aspect of the medical staff office, from onboarding and orienting physicians to querying other facilities for practitioner information and effectively collaborating with physician leadership. In this in-depth manual, author Marna Sorensen, CMPSM, provides MSPs guidance on their role within an organization, quick access to accreditation and regulatory information, and job descriptions and customizable forms to simplify a constantly growing list of daily responsibilities.
This book will help you:
- Consolidate everything you need to do your job into one place
- Detail procedures for all of your daily tasks, including practitioner data queries, acceptance letters, job descriptions, performance reporting, and sample forms
- Demonstrate what you do on a daily basis and clearly define your many roles as an MSP—no more questioning who is responsible for what!
- Update medical staff office functions and get the word out using the new technologies at your disposal
Table of Contents
- Introduction/How to Use This Manual
- Medical Staff Organization and Staffing
- Medical Staff Office Job Descriptions
- The Credentialing Process
- Medical Staff Clinical Privileges
- Advanced Practice Professionals
- Templates for Most-Used Forms
- Medical Staff Policies
- HR or MSO?
About the Author:
Marna Sorensen, CPMSM, is director of medical staff services at Portneuf Medical Center, a comprehensive regional medical center in Pocatello, Idaho. She has more than 20 years of experience in the medical staff services field and has held various positions with the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS). She is past president of the Idaho Association Medical Staff Services chapter and current newsletter editor.
Published: August 2015
Page count: 344