MDS 3.0: Mastering Section GG and other changes effective October 1 - On-Demand
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Debbie Ohl, RN, M.Msc, PhD
Level of Program:
Basic to Intermediate
Skilled nursing facilities (SNF) will soon be required to submit both functional and quality measure data through the impending release of MDS Section GG, Functional ability and goals; and updated Section A, Identification information. Is your SNF ready for these October 1 changes?
Understand the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) coding and methodology changes specific to Section GG, plus how it ties into the six new quality measures. FY2017 payment rates are triggered by accurate data collection between October 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016, don’t let your facility miss out on earned reimbursement.
During this 90-minute on-demand webcast, expert speaker Debbie Ohl, RN, M.Msc, PhD, will show you the difference in coding and content between Sections G, Functional status and Section GG, functional ability and goals, describe the coding requirements and the problems that can occur, as well as review the six new quality measures and regulators’ rationale for the changes.
At the conclusion of this on-demand program, participants will be able to:
- State the three intentions of Section GG
- Compare and contrast the differences in coding and content between Sections G and GG
- Describe the coding requirements for Section GG and state at least two problems that can occur
- List the six new quality measures and describe their impact on surveys and CMS’ Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Understand the benefits and risks of the October 1 changes
Who Should Attend?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS coordinators
- Billing Staff
- Staff educators
- Nursing assistants
- Therapy staff
- The Big Picture
- Relationship between the IMPACT Act, quality measures, the survey process, and the MDS
- New Section GG, Functional ability and goals
- The new coding and methodology requirements
- The differences between Section G and Section GG
- Therapy and nursing collaboration
- Tying it all together: MDS assessments, quality measures, and care plans
- The six new quality measures and the Five Star Rating System
- Successful SNF PPS reimbursement under Section GG
- Care plan goals
- Strategies for success
- Process improvement and implementation recommendations
- Q&A (not live)
- Comparison sheet showing differences in Section G and GG
Meet the Speaker
Debbie Ohl, RN, M.Msc, PhD, is the owner and senior consultant at Ohl and Associates, a consulting practice dedicated to promoting quality outcomes and professional excellence in nursing facilities. Ohl is a registered nurse, nursing home administrator, skilled geriatric clinician, nursing home consultant, educator, and author. She is an expert in nursing facility regulatory guidelines and clinical practice, specifically assessment and care planning.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Two days prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in the webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.