Maximize Your Home Health Value-Based Purchasing Payout - On-Demand
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Lu Post, RN, MN, COS-C
The Home Health Value-Based Purchasing (HHVBP) pilot program aims to pay home health agencies based on quality of care and strength of outcomes, rather than quantity and type of services delivered. But how will agencies be evaluated? What measures will be used to determine quality? And how will VBP affect the bottom line? This program will help you answer these questions and learn what you need to do to measure up—and optimize reimbursement—as HHVBP moves forward.
During this 90-minute program, expert speaker Lu Post, RN, MN, COS-C, will explain HHVBP fundamentals, exploring different components of the HHVBP pilot program and plans for implementation, the program’s potential impact on reimbursement, and the measures home health agencies can take to prepare.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define home health value-based purchasing (HHVBP)
- Describe components of the HHVBP pilot program and plans for full implementation
- Discuss the impact HHVBP will have on home health reimbursement within the next five years
- Identify measures home health agencies can take now to ensure success and justify reimbursement under the HHVBP program
- Understand what value-based purchasing means and how it will impact home health reimbursement over the next five years
- Prepare for implementation of HHVBP by recognizing key program milestones
- Agency enrollment: EIDM and the verification process
- The required measures
- Gathering and reporting data
- The three new process measures in the HHVBP pilot:
- Flu vaccine coverage for homecare personnel
- Herpes zoster vaccine coverage for patients
- Whether the patient has an advance care plan
- Identify how reimbursement associated with value-based purchasing is calculated
- Quality measures/outcomes—the OASIS connection
- The payment adjustment schedule
- Steps home health agencies can take now to prepare for implementation of value-based purchasing
- Documentation improvement
- Know your data
- Staff training and education
- Focus on all the measures
- Q&A (not live)
Who Should Attend?
Hospice professionals, including the following:
- Home health agency leaders (administrators, directors, and administrators)
- Home health quality improvement employees
- Home health educators
- Quality assurance/quality improvement professionals
- Compliance officers
- Home health nurses
Toolkit for promoting OASIS accuracy to support HHVBP
Meet the Speaker
Lu Post, RN, MN, COS-C, is president and founder of Home Care Institute, a leading provider of educational content and resources for home health and hospice providers. She is a Certified OASIS-C Specialist (COS-C) and Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS). Previously, Post served as vice president of training and development with Amedisys, Inc., one of the largest homecare and hospice companies in the nation.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email email@example.com if you have questions.