Interventional Radiology: Strategies for Coding Complex Procedures - On-Demand
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Stacie L. Buck, RHIA, CCS-P, RCC
Interventional radiology is a perpetually challenging area of coding. In this 90-minute webcast, expert speaker Stacie L. Buck will review the required documentation for interventional radiology procedures and present case studies that dissect the components of the increasingly complex CPT procedure codes. She will discuss clinical indications, areas for documentation improvement, and how to choose the most appropriate code for a variety of interventional radiology procedures.
At the end of this on-demand program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components that are included and not included for each procedure type
- Accurately assign CPT codes for many common complex interventional radiology procedures
- Recognize areas for improvement in provider documentation
- Overview of required documentation for interventional procedures
- When to report diagnostic angiograms with therapeutic interventions
- Coding rules and scenarios for:
- Head and neck angiography and interventions—when it’s appropriate to use component codes over the inclusive codes
- Stent placement in the lower extremities—when NOT to use the lower extremity revascularization codes
- Lower extremity revascularization—when it’s appropriate to assign catheterization codes
- Embolization procedures—determining the correct code with multiple clinical indications as well as selecting the appropriate head/neck embolization codes
- Dialysis access maintenance—correct coding of multiple interventions in the AV graft
- Q&A (not live)
Who Should Listen?
HIM directors and managers, coding managers, outpatient coders, outpatient billers, auditors, revenue cycle directors, compliance officers, radiology managers, chargemaster coordinators
AAPC (live and on-demand)
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Meet the Speaker
Stacie L. Buck, RHIA, CCS-P, RCC, is president and senior consultant for RadRx of Stuart, Florida, and provides coding, auditing, and education services for providers of diagnostic and interventional radiology services on a nationwide basis. Buck has 23 years’ experience in healthcare, 15 of those in radiology. She is a nationally sought out speaker who has presented over 100 coding seminars.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $259 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $259 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.