Injections and Infusions Coding Toolkit version 1.4
Get the latest information on Injections and Infusions!
Hospitals have long struggled under complicated guidelines for coding injection and infusion services. But those days are over.
Now, using a simple coding decision tree as your guide, you can master coding for these common procedures without having to master complex coding guidelines.
The Injections and Infusions Coding Toolkit was developed by the staff at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, a high-volume and world-renowned cancer treatment facility in Houston, TX. They designed a tool that makes it easy for staff to capture correct codes at point-of-service—or for coders to use to assign appropriate codes to bill.
The toolkit takes the guesswork out of:
- Selecting the initial service
- Deciding which codes can be reported in combination with other codes
Your toolkit includes everything you need to get started today, including:
- 5 copies of the color-coded, laminated coding decision tree
- 5 copies of pocket-sized "cheat sheets" to help identify frequently used codes
- A CD-ROM with the coding tree files you can customize for your facility
- A PDF training guide and a PowerPoint training presentation
Published: February 2012