In the Hands of the Patient: Empowering Patients Using the Web
Perhaps the most important time for patients to gain control over their health is when they choose a medication to help them get better. This means enabling them to make decisions about which medication is the right medication for them and empowering them to recognize and to act when a medication is not right for them.
Featuring diverse perspectives from the FDA, healthcare professionals, online health stakeholders, and consumer groups, ePharm5's special report, In the Hands of the Patient, offers a multifaceted look at the intricacies and embedded issues of what it really means to empower patients with medication event reporting.
In the Hands of the Patient delves into such key issues as:
- Patient awareness and usage of MedWatch
- Innovative takes on MedWatch promotion, including unique partnerships with WebMD and others
- Diverging opinions on the challenges of MedWatch and its makeover needs
- How online patient communities could add their data power to MedWatch
- Closing the loop: Reporting back to empowered patients
In the Hands of the Patient features insights and research from:
- The FDA's MedWatch program
- The FDA's Office of Special Health Issues
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Consumer group Woody Matters
All orders must be prepaid prior to delivery. Upon payment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to download the PDF of this report.