2017 ICD-10-PCS Expert
The 2017 ICD-10-PCS contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes required for reporting of inpatient procedures. In addition, you will find the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts you have come to rely upon including the Medicare Code Edits (MCE) for the ICD-10 MS-DRG reimbursement system.
Intuitively organized into 17 sections of code tables with supplementary definitions tables and device and body part keys, the Optum360 ICD-10-PCS code book sets the standard for coding accuracy which is the cornerstone of healthcare analytics and revenue cycle management.
Features and Benefits
- New — Optum360 Edge — Illustrations of body parts accompanying the Character Meaning Tables. These are located at the beginning of each body system in the Medical/Surgical section.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Ease into the new classification system using these handy code tables to build the code through character value selections that reflect the procedure performed. Now with body part definitions included in the root operation tables for the Medical/Surgical section.
- Optum360 Edge — Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits. This edition includes all our hallmark color-coding and symbols for the most comprehensive coverage of ICD10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures including: non-covered procedures, limited coverage procedures, combination only procedures, non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment, non-operating room procedures NOT affecting MS-DRG assignment, hospital acquired condition (HAC) related procedures.
- Optum360 Edge — Procedure combination tables. Identify ICD-10-PCS code combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
- Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS. For those new to ICD-10-PCS coding – learn about the unique structure and the specific definitions and functions for each character.
- Complete set of ICD-10-PCS codes. View all 17 sections of tables by general procedure type from medical/surgical to new technology.
Published: September 2016