Hospice Survey Success: Ongoing Readiness Strategies for a Complex Regulatory Climate - On-Demand
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Susan Strauss, RN, MHS, CHCQM
In today’s evolving quality landscape, hospice providers must account for a widening array of federal, state, and accreditation requirements to succeed when surveyors come knocking.
During this 90-minute program, hospice professionals will learn how to build a dynamic and ongoing readiness program that promotes positive outcomes on surveys, regardless of their type, focus, or frequency. Drawing on her more than 15 years in the hospice field as a nurse, department director, and compliance officer, expert speaker Susan Strauss, RN, MHS, CHCQM, will help participants correct underlying operational issues and process errors that can manifest as survey deficiencies.
At the conclusion of this on-demand program, participants will be able to:
- Implement a proactive approach to survey preparation that promotes ongoing readiness for the various federal, state, and accreditation surveys hospices may encounter throughout the year
- Initiate a quick and capable response when surveyors arrive
- Develop clear policies and procedures that address necessary requirements
- Foster effective communication between key hospice representatives and surveyors
Who Should Attend?
- Staff educators
- Compliance officers
- Executive directors
- Vice presidents of hospice operations
- Quality department managers
- Quality department coordinators
- Clinical managers
- Demonstrate fulfillment of federal, state, and accreditation requirements
- Avoid deficiencies in high-risk areas, including care planning, supervisory visits, and volunteer orders
- Create a crosswalk to distinguish key differences in federal and state requirements
- Be ready when surveyors arrive
- How and why to act fast
- Develop a comprehensive survey readiness book to reference on the fly
- Establish strong communication and align survey expectations
- Identify a reliable survey point person
- Foster productive conversations between key stakeholders, including the survey point person, operational and clinical representatives, hospice leadership, and surveyors
- Set clear parameters for leadership’s role in the survey process
- Ensure hospice staff’s and surveyors’ interpretations of rules and regulations are in sync
- Develop an effective response and/or corrective action plan
- Q&A (not live)
Meet the Speaker
Susan G. Strauss, RN, MHS, CHCQM, joined HopeHealth, Inc., in October 2005 as vice president of clinical operations. In January 2011, she was promoted to chief compliance officer and assumed oversight of HopeHealth’s regulatory, education, and quality divisions. She has been in the hospice field since 1997.
Strauss is a native New Yorker and has been in nursing for 30 years. She started as an ICU nurse, transitioning first into home health then into hospice care. Prior to joining HopeHealth, she was vice president of regulations and compliance for Hospice by the Sea in Florida. There, Strauss was responsible for developing the organization’s hospice bridge program, which is still in place today.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.