Hospice Aide On-the-Go In-service, Volume 2
Flexible training for the classroom or self-study
Every year, hospice aides must satisfy 12 hours of in-service training. Beacon Health’s new “Hospice Aide On-the-Go™ In-service,” Volume 2, delivers the training they need. Each lesson focuses on care for the terminally ill hospice patient.
The 12-lesson volume fulfills one year of Medicare’s annual requirement of 12 in-service hours. Train your staff for an entire year for just $360.
Developed from our widely popular series for home health, this new collection of lessons for hospice aides provides authoritative, comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand training for self-study or the classroom. Simply copy the pages from each lesson as needed—the only restriction is that aides receiving training must work from your office location. Each lesson provides one-hour of study on a hospice specific topic. This 12-lesson volume fulfills one year of Medicare’s annual requirement of 12 in-service hours.
Each lesson includes:
- A clearly written fact sheet about a timely, hospice-specific topic
- A 10-question post-test to measure understanding of the subject matter
- An answer sheet with a place for the instructor’s comments and signature
- An illustrative, hospice-specific case study
- Suggested supplemental learning activities
- An attendance log and certificate of completion
Your Volume 2 lessons:
- Falls Prevention
- Hand Hygiene
- Communicating with Hospice Patients
- The Patient with Alzheimer's Disease
- Privacy, Confidentiality and HIPAA
- Nutrition: Self and Assisted
- Abuse and Neglect
- Bathing the Ambulatory Patient
- Proper Bed Pan Usage