Home Health Competency Management System: A Toolkit for Validation and Assessment
Since staff education is only part of your role, Beacon Health has created the Home Health Competency Management System: A Toolkit for Validation and Assessment to save you the time and hassle of measuring and documenting the skills of your clinicians and aides. The system provides competency management program tips and detailed skill and performance assessments for nursing, therapy, and home health aides, as well as general skills that all clinicians should practice. Follow this blueprint of what competencies you need to assess and how best to assess them and you will ensure regulatory compliance and employ staff who demonstrate their professional aptitude and embody your high standards for patients and family members.
Assess competencies throughout the year and use the contents to design an orientation program for your new hires. Purchase the entire system for $349 or any of the four individual sections for $99 apiece. As an added bonus, when you purchase the complete system, you will receive a free update with new competencies in fall 2012 to keep your program fresh!
The Home Health Competency Management System: A Toolkit for Validation and Assessment will help you:
- Standardize the performance of clinicians throughout your agency by training and evaluating them on the same set of core competencies
- Measure clinician proficiency both at orientation and throughout the year to validate each individual’s competency or address skills that need improvement
- Train staff on peripheral procedures that are not related to their expertise but are just as important, such as infection control, HIPAA requirements, regulatory compliance, and OASIS assessments
- Acknowledge the value of your clinicians’ work by setting expectations that validate their contributions to the success of your agency
- Incorporate the competencies included in this manual into the initial training/ orientation of your RNs, LPNs, therapists, therapist assistants, and aides
- Avoid citations and comply with federal and state regulations by maintaining accurate documentation of clinician competencies
- Save time tracking each individual’s competencies using the downloadable templates that come with the purchase of the complete system
Download the Table of Contents
The comprehensive table of contents can be found by clicking here and downloading a 10-page PDF of every competency contained within Home Health Competency Management System: A Toolkit for Validation and Assessment.
How it works
When you order the Home Health Competency Management System: A Toolkit for Validation and Assessment, for $349, you’ll receive a binder of the complete product, which consists of competencies in four areas: nursing, therapy, home health aide, and general. You will also have the option to download any or all of the sections electronically.
You have the option to order each individual chapter separately for $99. If you are interested in ordering the separate chapters individually click on the title you wish to purchase:
- Home Health Competency Management System: Nursing
- Home Health Competency Management System: Therapy
- Home Health Competency Management System: Home Health Aides
- Home Health Competency Management System: General
Product Number: pkSOTGT
Reviewed for accuracy: 2011-09-07