HealthLeaders Media Insider: Telemedicine
Advancing from Pilot to Practice
With more liberal laws and payer policies, telemedicine is positioned to change the game of healthcare, improving access, cost, and performance capabilities.
In this Insider Report, HealthLeaders Media takes a look at where this technology is headed, what changes users can expect, and how healthcare providers have overcome challenges. In seven original articles, a case study, and an expert webcast, practitioners share their experiences in developing a successful program. Find out what matters now, as telemedicine moves from idea to implementation.
You’ll learn proven strategies for success and find out answers to key strategic questions, including:
- What two major factors have contributed to the rise in virtual care over the past year?
- How does Mercy staff its tele-ICU program, and how has it impacted overall quality and cost at their system?
- What virtual care program did Nemours implement to help reduce malpractice incidents and payouts?
- How has Banner Health’s teleICU initiative in 2013 yielded 33,000 fewer ICU days than would have been predicted, 47,000 fewer hospital days, $89 million in cost avoidance, and more than 1,900 lives saved?
- In what ways has UPMC redistributed specialty care through telemedicine services?
- What services does Mayo Clinic Health System offer through their virtual-care kiosks, and how has their implementation affected outcomes?
- How has virtual care become a new growth and revenue diversification strategy for Intermountain Healthcare?
- How are coverage and guidelines for telehealth services changing under CMS and AMA?
- What applications does telemedicine have for sports medicine, and what vendors are pioneering new technologies in this space?
Featured content includes:
- Executive Summary
- Virtual Care is Becoming Real
- In Depth
- The Reality of Virtual Care
- Diversification and Virtual Care Services
- Telehealth Gets More Coverage from CMS
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Weighing Telehealth’s Pros and Cons
- Sports Medicine Turns to Telemedicine
- Telemedicine’s Expanding Options
- Case Study
- Banner TeleHealth: Reducing Length of Stay and Mortality With TeleICU
- Featured Webcast
- The Telemedicine Playbook: Mercy & Nemours Models