Healthcare Safety Officer Training Video: A Guide to OSHA Standards
In just 15 minutes, this brand new addition to the HCPro video training library provides all the necessary tools to prepare safety officers for OSHA compliance.
Focused specifically on compliance with OSHA bloodborne pathogens and hazard communication standards, the most frequent and costly violations found in healthcare facilities, this video includes checklists for both standards. It also uses and refers to the Medical Environment OSHA Regulatory Manual for Healthcare.
Whether your facility is new and still needs to implement a safety and compliance program, or you've recently filled a safety officer vacancy, this video will instruct you on such topics as:
- A safety officer's role and responsibilities
- Understanding management's expectations
- Basic administrative, teaching, and inspecting
- Useful check-off lists to assess compliance
- Safety communication system recommendations
- Workplace hazard identification
- Organizing Material Safety Data Sheets
In the event a safety officer is not available in your facility, use this valuable resource to train back-up staff on vital safety procedures.