The Healthcare Diagnostic Devices Reprocessing Toolkit
Terry Micheels, MSN, RN, CIC
Hundreds of people in U.S. hospitals have been sickened by exposure to deadly bacteria on poorly disinfected, but routinely used diagnostic scopes. Additionally, several hospitals have been hit by major fines and loss of accreditation for failure to adhere to strict regulations requiring hospitals to reduce the risk of deadly infections. The need for affordable infection control training has never been greater. That’s where The Healthcare Diagnostic Devices Reprocessing Toolkit comes in. This comprehensive toolkit of checklists, tools, and resources will help hospitals address the increasing problem of improperly disinfected scopes and other diagnostic devices.
This electronic toolkit will help you:
- Identify infection control best practices
- Overhaul the facility’s reprocessing program
- Distribute training materials to staff electronically
This resource includes:
- PDF to introduce the author and explain how to use the toolkit
- Modifiable PowerPoint content for training tool
- Risk assessment checklist
- Daily cleaning checklist
- Testing protocol checklist/advice
- High-level disinfection tracer tool
- Staff competency tools
About the Author:
Terry Micheels, MSN, RN, CIC, is manager of infection control and epidemiology at Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. Formerly, she was in charge of infection control at Methodist and Women's Hospitals in Omaha. Micheels has worked in the field of infection control for 20 years and holds a degree in nursing administration from the University of Nebraska.
Published: December 2016
ISBN: e: 978-1-68308-193-7
How to Download Adobe Edition
- PRIOR TO DOWNLODING YOUR PURCHASED EBOOK – CLICK HERE TO INSTALL E-BOOK PLAYER FROM ADOBE.
- Click FILE IN MY DOWNLOADS AREA in the store, following your purchase. Then you can "link in" with your order confirmation/email, or when you login to your store account.
- SIGN IN WITH YOUR ADOBE ID. You can use your existing ID or create a new one. Save the login for future use.
- Your eBook purchase will appear in the Adobe Reader/player now — and anytime you want to access — just open the ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS APP.