The Future of the Medical Staff: Implementing Change in a Challenging Environment -
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Presented by: Richard A. Sheff, MD
In the 90-minute webcast “The Future of the Medical Staff: Implementing Change in a Challenging Environment,” expert Richard A. Sheff, MD, will address specific actions medical staff leaders and medical staff services professionals must take to manage unavoidable change in an increasingly challenging environment. He will focus on common problems, such as the ongoing issue of improving quality healthcare while reducing costs and looking to the future, by discussing the evolution of new medical staff models followed by a Q&A.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Make the case that their medical staff needs to change to remain relevant
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies for helping physicians change clinical practice patterns to improve quality and reduce costs
- Design an approach to strengthening medical staff leaders’ knowledge, skills, and performance in leading the medical staff through change
- Describe the evolving role of medical services professionals in the medical staff of the future
- The mission of the medical staff in a changing world
- What has been the medical staff’s mission?
- Will the mission of the past serve the needs of the future? No. Now what?
- Articulating a new mission for today’s medical staff
- What has to change to achieve the medical staff’s new mission?
- How will your medical staff optimize practitioner performance?
- Strategies to change physician practice patterns to improve quality and reduce costs
- How will your medical staff integrate with new physician-hospital alignment structures such as physician employment, service line management and comanagement, and clinically integrated networks?
- Who is responsible to whom for what?
- What do these changes mean for physician leaders and MSPs?
- Accountability with teeth
- Performance metrics for the medical staff
- Performance metrics for the medical staff office
- New roles and responsibilities
- New competencies and skills
Who Should Participate
MSPs, current medical staff leaders, CMO/VPMAs
Meet the Speaker
Richard A. Sheff, MD, is principal and chief medical officer at The Greeley Company in Danvers, Massachusetts. He brings more than 25 years of healthcare management and leadership experience to his work with physicians, hospitals, and healthcare systems across the country. Dr. Sheff consults, authors, and presents on a wide range of healthcare management and leadership issues, including governance, peer review, physician-hospital alignment and integration, service line management, and credentialing.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.