Finance and Budgeting Made Simple: Essential Skills for Nurses
KT Waxman, DNP, MBA, RN, CNL, CENP, CHSE
In this time of healthcare reform, nurse leaders are held accountable for the financial aspect of healthcare more than ever before. Ensure you understand the financial terminology, your budget statement, and how to successfully plan and budget for your department with the straightforward explanations found in Finance and Budgeting Made Simple: Essentials Skills for Nurses.
KT Waxman, DNP, MBA, RN, CNL, CENP, CHSE, has taken her years of experience teaching nurses about finance and budgeting and crafted an essential book for new managers as well as anyone who needs more guidance on budgeting. It covers only the information you need and takes you step by step through your budget so you understand each part and know what to do.
Trust Finance and Budgeting Made Simple to help you understand your unit’s budget, plan appropriate staffing, get involved in setting budgets, and make budgeting presentations to senior staff.
- The only basic guide to finance and budgeting written for nurse managers and nurse leaders
- Comprehend the financial side of healthcare through easy-to-understand advice
- Eliminate guesswork with straightforward descriptions of each section of important financial forms and reports
- Save time with plain English definitions of potentially confusing financial terminology
- Secure executive buy-in with concise explanations of how the nursing department’s financial performance affects the entire organization
- Handle the budget process with quick and helpful field-tested tips and reminders
- Prepare budget presentations and build business plans with simple and easy-to-follow instructions
- Obtain adequate financial support for the department through right-way, wrong-way tips
- Provide time-saving insight to ancillary leaders who also need financial training
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Leadership Dimensions and Processes
Chapter 2: Financial Management and Basic Cost Accounting
Chapter 3: Building a Budget
Chapter 4: Budget Presentations
Chapter 5: Building a Business Case
About the Author:
KT Waxman, DNP, MBA, RN, CNL, CENP, CHSE, is a nurse leader with more than 30 years of experience in healthcare and corporate settings. She is a tenure-earning assistant professor at the University of San Francisco School of Nursing and Health Professions. She is also director of the California Simulation Alliance (CSA) at the California Institute for Nursing & Health Care (CINHC). An internationally known speaker and author, Waxman is past president of the Association of California Nurse Leaders (ACNL) and currently serves as treasurer of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE).
If you would like to find out about the availability of nursing contact hours on this or any other HCPro nursing book, please visit our Continuing Education information page, here.
The HCPro Risk-Free Money-Back Guarantee
If for any reason this product does not meet your needs, return it within 30 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund—no questions asked. We guarantee it!
Published: June 2015
Page count: 118
How to Download Adobe Edition
- PRIOR TO DOWNLODING YOUR PURCHASED EBOOK – CLICK HERE TO INSTALL E-BOOK PLAYER FROM ADOBE.
- Click FILE IN MY DOWNLOADS AREA in the store, following your purchase. Then you can "link in" with your order confirmation/email, or when you login to your store account.
- SIGN IN WITH YOUR ADOBE ID. You can use your existing ID or create a new one. Save the login for future use.
- Your eBook purchase will appear in the Adobe Reader/player now — and anytime you want to access — just open the ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS APP.