Face-to-Face in Home Health: Master the Documentation Process to Maximize Reimbursement - On-Demand
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Jessica C. Forster
The Beacon Institute
Face-to-face documentation requirements are vexing many home health agencies. Medicare requires specific documentation of face-to-face encounters as part of physician certification for home health services. Yet agencies struggle with obtaining proper documentation from physicians to satisfy this requirement. The result is delay or denial of Medicare claims, which affects agencies’ bottom lines. As of February, agencies must also provide documentation of the face-to-face encounter for Medicaid beneficiaries, extending the confusion to a new patient population.
During this program, healthcare attorney Jessica C. Forster educates home health agencies on the key factors for compliance with face-to-face encounter documentation requirements, offers strategies for challenging inappropriate audit denials through the Medicare appeals process, and provides examples of successful documentation. In addition, participants will be able to identify the Medicaid face-to-face encounter documentation requirements as set forth in the February 2, 2016, CMS final rule.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand current face-to-face encounter documentation requirements for compliance, and develop strategies and documentation related to face-to-face encounter requirements
- Identify high-risk audit areas that encompass face-to-face encounter documentation before and after the elimination of the brief narrative requirement
- Navigate the process for challenging face-to-face documentation denials
- Implement key strategies in the appeals process for challenging improper face-to-face encounter denials
- Master the important developments in the Medicare appeals process for home health providers
- Explain CMS final rule requirements for Medicaid face-to-face encounter documentation and how these requirements differ from Medicare’s
Who Should Listen?
- Home health professionals including:
- Agency directors
- Case managers
- Quality improvement officers
- Compliance officer
- Home health face-to-face implementation and requirements
- Medicare face-to-face requirements
- History of implementation/changes in requirements
- Medicaid face-to-face requirements
- Strategies for acing face-to-face documentation
- Documentation requirements for the physician/EHR
- Documentation requirements for the home health clinician
- Documentation requirements for home health agencies
- Audits and appeals
- High-risk audit areas with face-to-face encounter documentation
- Medicare appeals process and strategies
- Settlement conference facilitation pilot program at Administrative Law Judge level of appeal
- Q&A (not live)
Meet the Speaker
Jessica C. Forster is an attorney with Wachler & Associates, P.C., a healthcare law firm based in Royal Oak, Michigan, that represents providers nationwide. She provides representation for healthcare providers and suppliers during Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party payer audits. Foster devotes a substantial portion of her practice to representing healthcare providers during the audit administrative appeals process. In addition, she represents providers in regulatory compliance and other healthcare-related matters.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webinar experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
COULDN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is also available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
Participation in this webinar is just $199 per site. All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.
Call your customer service representative toll-free 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.