The Environment of Care Compliance Manual, Fifth Edition - eBook
Author: Thomas J. Huser, MS, CHSP, CHEP
The Environment of Care Compliance Manual, Fifth Edition, provides all the guidance safety officers need to comply with The Joint Commission’s Environment of Care standards and corresponding CMS requirements. Author Thomas J. Huser, MS, CHSP, CHEP, discusses topics such as safety and security, hazardous materials and waste, fire prevention, medical equipment, life safety, utilities management, and management plans, delivering imperative information in a hassle-free format.
This valuable resource also includes policies and procedures, forms, and tools that can be easily downloaded and customized to use at your organization.
This book will provide readers with:
- Analysis and compliance tips for each EC standard and element of performance (EP)
- Explanation of changes to the interpretations and scoring of the standards and EPs
- Policies and procedures to comply with standards affecting all areas of the EC
- A look at how Joint Commission and CMS requirements overlap Strategies to avoid Joint Commission and CMS survey hot spots
- Evaluation procedures to validate your processes
- Forms and tools that can be customized for your facility
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Strategies for the Environment of Care
Chapter 2: Safety and Security
Chapter 3: Hazardous Materials and Waste
Chapter 4: Fire Prevention
Chapter 5: Medical Equipment
Chapter 6: Utilities Management
Chapter 7: Functional Environment
Chapter 8: Staff Competency
Chapter 9: Demonstrating Implementation of Care
Chapter 10: Updated Survey Hotspots
Meet the Author:
Thomas J. Huser, MS, CHSP, CHEP, is safety coordinator, emergency management and hazardous materials, with Indiana University Health in Indianapolis. With 29 years of experience ranging from hospital management to emergency preparedness planning to fire safety instruction, Huser brings both administrative and real-world knowledge to his work in healthcare safety.
A master-level Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) and a master-level Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP), Huser has expertise in the Environment of Care, Emergency Management, and Life Safety chapters of The Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals.
Published: May 2015
Page count: 222
How to Download Adobe Edition
- PRIOR TO DOWNLODING YOUR PURCHASED EBOOK – CLICK HERE TO INSTALL E-BOOK PLAYER FROM ADOBE.
- Click FILE IN MY DOWNLOADS AREA in the store, following your purchase. Then you can "link in" with your order confirmation/email, or when you login to your store account.
- SIGN IN WITH YOUR ADOBE ID. You can use your existing ID or create a new one. Save the login for future use.
- Your eBook purchase will appear in the Adobe Reader/player now — and anytime you want to access — just open the ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS APP.