Emergency Operations Plan Template
Chris Bellone, CEM®, CHEP
There’s no need to write an emergency operations plan (EOP) from scratch. Save yourself time by downloading our easy-to-use template and customizing it to suit your organization’s needs. The Emergency Operations Plan Template is framed around The Joint Commission's six critical elements—communications, resources and assets, safety and security, staff responsibilities, utilities, and patient clinical and support activities—so you can be sure you comply with Joint Commission expectations.
The Emergency Operations Plan Template will allow you to:
- Satisfy The Joint Commission's requirement for an EOP
- Assess your current EOP and identify any weaknesses you need to address
- Demonstrate compliance with frequently referenced Joint Commission standards and elements of performance
- Prevent catastrophic mistakes by considering important decisions ahead of time, such as identifying key decision-makers, cutting non-essential services, and determining evacuation timelines
- Meet your specific emergency preparedness needs with easily customizable content
About the author:
Chris Bellone, CEM®, CHEP, is the emergency medical system region planning area coordinator for Illinois Region 1 EMS and the emergency preparedness coordinator for the Rockford (Illinois) Health System. Rockford Health System has nearly 3,000 employees, and Rockford Memorial Hospital is a 391-bed level one trauma center. Bellone is a CEM® and a Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP).