The majority (61%) of healthcare leaders now report overcrowded conditions in their ED—and with them, major concerns about patient safety. With the shortage of PCPs expected to continue driving ED visits up, you need proven solutions. This report explores the strategies leading providers are employing, such as collaboration and efficiency measures, to improve ED throughput even as margins decline.
With this NEW report, you'll learn answers to key strategic questions:
- What are the top ED bottlenecks, and how do you open them?
- How did Cambridge Health Alliance of Cambridge, Mass., reduce registration to a 20-second process and improve patient flow?
- Which ED staffing management techniques can drive higher efficiency?
- How is Grady Health System of Atlanta improving patient satisfaction scores—even as ED volume grows?
- Which ED operations techniques do the most to ease overcrowding?
- What are the primary causes of ED overcrowding?
This report, part of HealthLeaders' Intelligence Report Premium series, offers the latest emergency department strategies from industry peers, including survey results drawn from the HealthLeaders Media Council, an exclusive group of 6,200-plus healthcare leaders. A new segmentation tool allows you to access more specific, in-depth data by setting, number of beds and sites, net patient revenue, and region.
This month’s report includes:
- Case studies from Bon Secours Health System, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Grady Health System, plus analysis and key takeaways from advisors drawn from our HealthLeaders Media Council
- Recommendations from HealthLeaders Media Research Analyst Michael Zeis and Editor Margaret Dick Tocknell
- A meeting guide to share with your organization
You can use this report to:
- Track the latest trends in emergency medicine
- Gauge your organization's performance and progress compared to peers
- Gather insights and advice from industry experts, peer leaders, and the experiences of case study organizations
- Access discussion questions that can aid your organization in forming emergency department strategies
Subscribe and save!
|June||Service Line Strategies|
|July||Patient Quality & Safety|
Click here to get the Buying Power version of this report—a version targeting the needs of healthcare product and service providers. It includes all the content of the Premium version, plus detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections.