Effective Nurse Leadership: Transforming Long-Term Care
Author: Kelly Smith Papa, MSN, RN
There are many talented long-term care nurses who envision ways to transform their communities to enhance patient outcomes with person-centered care, but do not have the authority, proper skill set, or opportunity to lead and implement those changes effectively. These nurses need transformational learning opportunities and leadership frameworks to share their ideas and lead change with adaptability, empowerment, innovation, and critical thinking.
Effective Nurse Leadership: Transforming Long-Term Care provides guidance on how to build the skills necessary for leading transformation in the long-term care setting. This book also provides steps to help steer, facilitate, and implement change as well as effective methods to create a culture that is adaptable to change and encourages new ideas for person-centered care.
This book will help readers:
- Understand the leader’s role in creating an organizational culture that is nimble and adaptable
- Build the skills, tools, and approach needed to lead transformation
- Facilitate change and implement successful methods to create a culture that can adapt new ideas for person-centered care
- Strategize ways to initiate and maintain effective culture change efforts while cultivating momentum for the development of person-centered care
- Develop a framework for harnessing enthusiasm and empowering team members to encourage continuous thought leadership and innovation throughout the organization
About the Author
Kelly Smith Papa, MSN, RN, is the corporate director of learning at Masonicare University in Wallingford, Connecticut. Papa has several years of nursing management experience in the healthcare education field. Prior to joining Masonicare, she was director of education and consulting with the Alzheimer’s Resource Center in Southington, Connecticut. Her experiences in the field of aging services include serving as a director of nursing and a clinical educator. She is a fellow of the LeadingAge Leadership Academy and was a recipient of the Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing in 2011.
Published: April 2015
Page count: 152
How to Download Adobe Edition
- PRIOR TO DOWNLODING YOUR PURCHASED EBOOK – CLICK HERE TO INSTALL E-BOOK PLAYER FROM ADOBE.
- Click FILE IN MY DOWNLOADS AREA in the store, following your purchase. Then you can "link in" with your order confirmation/email, or when you login to your store account.
- SIGN IN WITH YOUR ADOBE ID. You can use your existing ID or create a new one. Save the login for future use.
- Your eBook purchase will appear in the Adobe Reader/player now — and anytime you want to access — just open the ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS APP.