Diagnosis Coding in the Home Health PPS, Edition 4.0 (DVD)
Run-time: 30 min.; Edition: 4.0
Contact hours: 2.5
Good coding skills are linked to payment and vital to your agency. This educational program explains the coding process, including clinical, coding, and payment factors under OASIS-C. It integrates coding with compliance and clarifies the roles of the clinician and the coder.
Through numerous examples, your staff will learn:
- How to determine and document the principal and pertinent diagnoses
- The impact of the diagnosis code and OASIS-C on payment
- What to do when you’d like to use a V code
- How to handle surgical wounds
- Coding standards that fit PPS requirements
- Appropriate use of important codes
- Ways to avoid common coding traps
This program includes a DVD, video program outline, written study guide, topics for discussion and role-playing, definitions of key terms and concepts, competency quiz and answers, and participant’s record.
Release date: April 2010