Critical Thinking, Coping, and Communication in Nursing
Teach your nurses to manage stress in a hectic clinical environment.
Telly Award Winner for "Training for Corporate Use."
In less than 20 minutes, your nurses will master stress management, critical thinking, and communication skills. This DVD also has a special section devoted to the unique training needs of new graduates.
With this DVD, nurses will be able to:
- Become a critical thinker who views thinking as a process
- Discuss strategies for successful communication with patients, managers, physicians, and peers
- Define and recognize horizontal hostility among nurses and identify techniques to combat it
- Identify signs of stress and implement methods for stress management
The accompanying CD-ROM provides educators with tools to distribute to staff members to support their growth and development, including:
- Nurse-to-nurse hostility fact sheet
- Life events stress test
- Pulse-taking exercise for nurse/physician communication
Take a look at the Table of Contents:
- Critical thinking in the clinical world
- Hostility in the workplace
- Stress management
- Communication skills
- Strategies for the new graduate nurse
- Recognize a critical thinker
- Discuss strategies for improving critical thinking skills
- Define horizontal hostility
- Identify techniques for combating hostility
- Recognize signs of stress
- Explain how to effectively manage stress
- Discuss strategies for successful communication
- List two forms of communication
- Identify characteristics of a good preceptor
- Describe reality shock
Staff educators, staff development specialists, and nurse managers can purchase this DVD to benefit their nurses.